I just thought I would have a little fun with this post and take you on a mini tour of my dorm room!
First things first! My door! Woo. So exciting right?
Can anyone guess where that gold star came from? All of my middle school friends should recognize this as the decorations from our eighth grade dance.. yes, I still have it. Oh, and I made that pretty little tissue paper rose recently out of the Victoria’s Secret paper I had gotten that day. I know, I’m so crafty. I blame my mother for that!
So come on in, I cleaned for you today! I mean, it’s not usually unclean, but anyway…
Theres a little peek of my bed!
My room is not the stereotypical college dorm! They really know how to treat us here at High Point. My small room (the one I’ll be showing you) is attached to a living room and kitchen with two bathrooms. I live with three other girls who have rooms just like mine. It’s like a small apartment type thing, I love it.
When you first walk in to my room, to your right is my bed and around the corner is my closet! Its not a huge closet but it is enough to store all my junk so I’m happy. I absolutely love my bed, I think I spend around 85% of my time under the covers.. the other 15% is spent wishing I could be back under the covers. My room is definitely my sanctuary.
My bedding (duvet and standard shams) is Tommy Hilfiger, my two euro pillows are from target (I’m obsessed) and the accent pillow is from TJ Maxx.
Above my bed I have some pictures that I bought from a yard sale (for 1 dollar a piece I think) and I have two shadowbox-like frames with butterflies in them. They were my great grandma Dottie’s and I think of her every time I look at them. Here’s a close up of my favorite one!
Next, when you walk in and look to your left, I have a desk and dresser against the wall. I hardly sit at my desk to do my work which is ironic since I sit in my bed to do it. Wow I’m even laying in bed right now writing this… the laziness today is remarkable haha. Anyway! I keep my textbooks, notebooks, current reads, and some photos of family on my desk. Right now as I look over at it, there is a major pile of books, my PC, a couple binders, and my wallet. Funny how things can pile up so quickly! Here is a snapshot of my top shelf of my desk (it’s the only interesting part of it I promise you’re not missing out)
So moving from my desk to my dresser it becomes more pretty. The top of my dresser is where I keep my perfume, jewelry box, my favorite candle at that time, and other decor. I also use this space for my makeup but I cleaned all of that off for you today except my mirror so it would be less of a mess. That little frame with the drawing of a puppy is the cutest thing I found at Hobby Lobby and I had to get it. It reminded me of my old dog.. well without the hipster glasses of course. But still, it makes me happy every time I look at it.
My favorite perfumes at the moment are: Pure Grace by Philosophy. I wear this pretty much everyday.. It is my go to perfume as it is the cheapest of the two so I am not afraid to run out of this one. Next, is Candy by Prada… Ooo fancy, I know. But it smells so nice and I like to use this if I am ever going out to dinner or somewhere that I have to dress up. I definitely use this sparingly due to the price tag! But hey, a girl can treat herself every once and a while!
So, this candle. Let me tell you. It. Smells. Amazing. Another wonderful purchase from TJ Maxx! To sum up the fragrance, it smells like a really attractive man that you imagine wears a tailored suit and drinks scotch and had gorgeous hair. Yeah, that’s basically what sold me on this one. And before you think, why would a girl want a masculine smelling candle in her room.. its like a girl wearing a guys cologne because she thinks it smells good. Well you know what!? I don’t care. I like it.
And lastly, one of my favorite parts of my room! My window! I love how big my window is. Especially since having such a small room, without a nice big window, it would feel like a mouse hole. No fun.
It lets in wonderful light during the day which I love! Oh and I can’t forget about my little plant that sits on my sill. I give myself a lot of credit for actually remembering to water the poor thing. Oh, I actually should do that today..
I hope you enjoyed my mini tour of my room! I know I loved sharing with you all!
If you liked what I did to my room, there are plenty of other amazing ideas and fun DIYs that you can easily do over on Shutterfly!!! One of my photos was even featured on the site. It’s a great interactive that has so many great design tips for your dorm!!
Heres the link!: https://www.shutterfly.com/ideas/dorm-decorating/
Thanks for reading, xoxo