I just want to apologize for missing last weeks blog post. It was a crazy weekend! But I am back and hope this post finds you all well.
Here’s a list of ten things to do when you’re feeling sad, under the weather, not so happy, crappy, down, or otherwise miserable.
- Hug someone you love. Now this doesn’t have to be your significant other, it can be any friend. Maybe they need a hug too. Spreading love is a perfect way to lift your mood!
- Watch a couple episodes of your favorite Netflix series at the moment. Or, if you’re like me, binge watch the crap out of it until you finish a whole season within a day. I am so guilty when it comes to this.
- Make your favorite snack or drink! Now I know eating your feelings isn’t the smartest idea but if its just a small snack… like a whole kit kat bar… or a full bag of pretzels with nutella… Ok those aren’t very small but who cares! I’ll make you feel better!
- Put on your favorite music. This is definitely one of my top things to do when I’m feeling sad or under the weather. I scroll through my pandora stations and find one that I know will make me either want to dance or sing like Adele.. or should I say try to sing like Adele. HELLO, IT’S ME… lol
- Find a book you like and read a few chapters! I love reading, and when I’m down, being able to escape to another world through literature is so much fun. Maybe you’ll even find yourself reading past those few chapters because you are so engulfed in the story! I love when that happens.
- Go do something productive! Distracting your mind through chores, errands, or other activities is definitely a great way to reset yourself and your mood. I always say that cleaning, for me anyway, is therapeutic. Pair an activity with number 4 (music) and go to town! I love to do this while cleaning my room or reorganizing things! (I also do laundry to help ease my mind, I think it’s the smell of clean clothes that is so comforting)
- Call your parents, a friend, family, anyone. This is a great way to either let go of some stress you’ve been building up or catch up. I like to call my family to see what they’ve been up to lately and update myself on their lives.
- Take a shower! I know this one is a bit weird but I find that a nice shower can wash away the days stresses or yucky feelings. It’s a way to not only cleanse your body physically but mentally and emotionally as well. Which leads me in to number 9…
- Pamper yourself! Now this one is most likely for all you lady readers of mine but men can pamper themselves too. Give your skin a little extra attention and do a face mask, or paint your nails a different color, or do something fun with your hair that you normally don’t do! (for me that is when I straighten it… It’s so nice to be able to brush it without it frizzing into a huge afro haha) And for you guys, I don’t know, give yourself a nice shave, or go get a fresh hair cut somewhere nice where they massage your head. One of my guy friends had this happen recently and he said it was the best thing ever… For me I thought they always did that but I guess not. So guys, go experience that if your haven’t already. It’s amazing.
- Finally, make someones day. By this I mean… reach out to someone you haven’t talked to in a while and see how they are doing. Or give a compliment to someone who looks nice that day! Make an effort to do something kind and I promise it will lift your mood ten fold. One of the best ways to feel better about yourself is to help someone else feel better about themselves.
And with that my lovely readers, I hope you have a wonderful day and don’t forget to spread some love today. Someone might be really needing it.
Thanks for reading,